Registration of public defence
Registration of public defence is made by the supervisor no less than 12 weeks before the date for public defence. Please note that these twelve weeks must be between 15th of August and Friday before Midsummer eve (about middle of June).
This is due to the introduction of preliminary reviews of doctoral theses.
The doctoral student must first have made a booking of date for public defence.
Please note that you have to print out the a pdf-form, sign it and send it to the administration office (LTHs kansli). It is not enough to register the information in the database.
You log in with your LUCAT id and password. Questions about LUCAT is answered by LDC servicedesk: 046-222 90 00, email@example.com.
If your personal identity number changed after 2018-03-26, you need to submit your old temporary registration number (t-number) in the system.
- If you want to make a new registration you fill in the civic registration number (personnummer) of the doctoral student and click "next".
- If you have an unfinished registration, go directly to the form.
- Fill in the form. Attach the thesis, the opponents and members of the committees brief CV, the suppleants CV, popular summary, authors contributions to the papers and the protocol signed by the supervisor and the director of studies. All information does not have to be filled in at once. You can save the form and come back later to complete it.
- To complete a registration repeat step 2-3.
- When all the information is filled in click on "Applicate and mail". You will then return back to the list with upcoming defences. In the row with current errand, there is a triangle to the right. Click on the triangle to access the pdf version of the form which is available for printing.
- Send in the signed form to the administration office, LTH Kansli, Public defence, Internal mailing (HS) code 55. By doing so, the registration is locked and a confirmation is sent to the administration office. If you want to make any further changes, you have to contact the administration office.
Documents needed for the registration:
The dissertation document that needs to be uploaded in connection with the registration of the public defence is a preliminary version of the thesis and should contain a relatively detailed list of contents, including even incomplete parts. If it is a compilation dissertation, the thesis's kappa and articles must be in a document and included articles must be in at least manuscript form. The status of the articles must be reported; published, accepted, under review, under review or when it is expected to be completed. If significant parts of the dissertation are not completed, the doctoral student and the supervisor must declare that they find it reasonable that they will be finish on time.
- Minutes of preparatory meeting
- Information on the respondent's contribution to completed work
Will also be included in the dissertation.
- The Opponent's and the Examination Board Members' brief CV
In one PDF under the fifth tab "Förslag på fakultetsopponent".
- Popular scientific summary in Swedish or English
Sshould also be included in the dissertation.