New administrative system
Public defence process
LTH has decided on a new dissertation process from 6 November 2020.
Step 1 - Well in advance before registration of the public defence
- Book a date for public defence on LTH website
- Contact on of Lund University's internal printing houses to schedule an appointment for printing
- Contact opponent and members of the examination committee
- Book premises for the public defence
Step 2 - At the latest 12 weeks before the public defence
Register the public defence on LTH:s website and send a signed copy to:
Internal mailing (HS) code 55
Step 3 - At least 8 weeks before the public defence
Distribute the dissertation for preliminary review to the grading committee and the opponent.
Step 4 - No later than 6 weeks before the dissertation
Clearly mark a preview in the dissertation system.
Step 5 - In good time before "spikningsdagen"
Submit the material for printing.
Step 6 - No later than 3 weeks and 3 working days before the dissertation (Spikningsdagen)
- Submit 4 copies of the dissertation (in its final form both in terms of content and execution) incl. "spikblad" and popular science summary to the University library.
- Electronic "spikning" in LUCRIS (login: STIL / LUCAT ID). Do not forget to enter the popular science summary which is mandatory at LTH.
- Submit 1 copy of the dissertation (in its final form both in terms of content and execution) with "spikblad" and a receipt from the University library to LTH's reception at Studiecentrum.
Step 7 - When the dissertation is completed
Distribute the dissertation.
Step 8 - PUBLIC DEFENCE
Step 9 - After the public defence
Apply for a diploma when all results have been submitted
As soon as possible, send the grading committee's minutes in original to: