Register for courses
Most students need to register for courses at the beginning of each study period. Students in the Architecture, Digital Architecture and Emergent Futures, and Sustainable Urban Design programmes need to register in the beginning of each semester.
- One week before each study period you will receive a reminder via email (at the email address registered in Ladok).
- Register for the courses you intend to study in Ladok for students. If you change your mind about studying the course you need to cancel your registration within three weeks.
Registration for courses in semester 1 specifically
To be able to register for the first courses in study period 1, year 1, you need to present your ID to your international coordinator before the semester starts. Detailed information will be provided before arrival.
You must pay for the courses you register for. You can change your mind within three weeks from the start of the study period. If you cancel the course within three weeks you don’t have to pay for the course. If you fail to de-register from the course within three weeks from the start of the course you will be charged for the course. You can cancel your course yourself in Ladok.
If you have paid the tuition fee and have problems to register for courses, please contact your international coordinator to sort out the problem.
- Did you remember to apply for the course? A few months before each study period you need to apply for the course you want to study. Without an application it will not be possible to register. In most cases a late application can be done.
- Make sure to check that you fulfil the entry requirements for the course. You can see in the application system if this is the reason why you can not register. If you fulfil the requirements please contact the course administrator. If the requirements have not been approved it will not be possible for you to register.
- Is there a place limitation? Unfortunately there is not always enough study places in the course to accept all students. You can see in the application system if this is the reason why you can not register.
- If you are a fee-paying student, please remember that you must pay your tuition fee to be able to register and study courses.
If you want to study a course for a second time (and not just take a re-exam), please contact the course administrator. You only have the right to attend a course once, re-registration is possible if seats are left after admission of students registering for the first time.
The fact that you as a student get access to a digital course room (for example in Canvas) does not mean either that you are authorised to take the course, that you have been promised to take the course or that you are registered on the course.
It is only when you are eligible and have been offered a place on the course (if the places are limited) that you can register for the course in Ladok. It is the registration in Ladok that gives you the right to participate in the course's activities and examinations. It is your own responsibility to register for the course as soon as possible.