Degree project abroad
You are allowed to do your degree project, or part of it (data collection/field study), abroad, either at a company, an organisation or at a university. Sometimes it is possible to combine an internship with the degree project.
General advice and rules
- Start planning in time! You must find the degree project/hosting organisation by yourself. Ask teachers for tips as they often have research connections internationally.
- Contact your international coordinator.
- Your main supervisor and examiner must always be from LU. There must also be a local (assistant) supervisor.
- Your thesis topic and study plan abroad must be approved by your examiner.
- A Cooperation Agreement must be established between you, your supervisor at LU and at the hosting organisation for you to be covered by Lund University’s student insurance.
- If you are doing your degree project at a company, make sure to provide your supervisor with the document Information to companies/organisations hosting a student for a degree project containing important information related to the presentation and publishing of your degree project. Ask your international coordinator for the document. You should also read the web page with information about collaboration with a company during your project.
Collaborating with a company in the degree project (LTH student web pages)
- Lund University information on fieldwork and data collection abroad
Information on ways to finance your degree project abroad.
Fieldwork and data collection abroad | Lund University
- Lund University information on internship abroad
If combining the degree project with an internship, you might qualify for the Erasmus+ internship grant.
Traineeships abroad | Lund University