Remote access and VPN
Work from home on LTH's student computers
Due to Covid-19, you can work on some of LTH's computers remotely (remote access). You can connect regardless of which operating system you are working from.
How to log in:
- Launch a web browser (eg Edge, Safari, Opera, Chrome)
- Maximize the size of the window
- Go to the web address: remote.student.lth.se
- Log in with your student ID
- When you are logged in, you can choose between different houses. Click on the + sign next to the house where you would normally have the lab. Alternatively, select the group your teacher has instructed you to use.
- Click on one of the computers that are free (not gray).
- If for some reason it does not work with that computer. Back out, possibly click on "Home", and then select another computer.
- You are now logged in to the computer and can work as if you were sitting in the computer room. Some key commands may not work as usual.
- You can open and close a system menu (Guacamole) by pressing ctrl-alt-shift
- Do not forget to log out when you are done (Start menu> change account settings> sign out)
VPN is a technology that allows you to be logged in to the university's computer network no matter where in the world you are. You can thus access services on Lund University's network even though you use another operator.
Windows Filesharing system
You can connect to your home directory in the STUDENT domain through the Windows Filesharing system (SMB). With this method, you can connect to and work directly in your home directory.
You can also connect to the standard server folders (Share and Temp).
If you do not connect from a computer at Lund University, you must create a VPN connection first! You will find the VPN instructions in the menu on the left just above this entry. Note that the installation for VPN has changed (Feb 2017)! If you are connected here at Lund University (eg with Eduroam), you do not need to create a VPN connection.
- Open Explorer
- W7: "Tools / Map Network Drive ..."
- W10: "Home / Easy access / Map as device" ("Start / Easy access / Folder as device")
- To connect to your home directory;
- In the "Folder" box, enter one of the paths below, depending on which house you started your studies in:
- V, KC, A, IKDC, M:
- To reach H:
- \\ stu.net.lth.se \ "yourlogonID"
- E-huset, Fysicum, Mattehuset:
- \\ puma.student.lth.se \ "yourlogonID" or
- \\ tiger.student.lth.se \ "yourlogonID"
- To connect to the regular folders; In the "Folder" box, enter one of the paths below:
- \\ stu.net.lth.se \ delad
- \\ stu.net.lth.se \ temp (attention: new roads since Aug 2018!)
- Click "Connect with a different username"
- In the "Username" box: enter student \ "yourlogonID"
- Enter your password.
- Click "OK"
- Click "Finish"
You should now see a new "letter" in Explorer for each share you have connected to.
If you do not connect from a computer at Lund University, you must create a VPN connection. If you are connected via Lund University (eg with Eduroam), you do not need to create a VPN connection.
- V, KC, A, IKDC and M:
- smb: // student; "yourloginID" @ stu.net.lth.se / "yourloginID"
- E-huset, Fysicum, Mattehuset:
- smb: // student; "yourloginID" @ puma.student.lth.se / "yourloginID" eller
- smb: // student; "yourloginID" @ tiger.student.lth.se / "yourloginID"
- Ordinary folders
- smb: // student; "yourloginID" @ stu.net.lth.se/shared
- smb: // student; "yourloginID" @ stu.net.lth.se / temp
Note! Use slash "/" instead of slash "\" when connecting from a Mac!